I started off making a totally different dessert and ended up having a little bit of chocolate and walnuts left over, so I thought I would try something simple with them.
I had previously been reading an article on how to make the best chocolate dip (you know the kind that hardens right as it hits the ice cream), and figured I could use the concept to make a little chocolate snack instead.
So here is an ever so tasty recipe for no bake chocolate bark.
- 250g of good quality dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- rough chop dark chocolate and melt in small heavy bottom sauce pan
- pour chocolate into a mixing bowl, add avocado oil and stir until combined
- line a small baking sheet (9″ x 12″ works great) with parchment paper
- pour out chocolate mixture and sprinkle coconut, walnuts and sea salt on top
- put in freezer for 30 – 45 min. or until solid
- break up pieces and put into a container and keep frozen
You can set (for one hour) and keep in refrigerator, the texture will be a little more like fudge. I prefer it straight from the freezer. If you want to treat yourself, break it up over vanilla ice cream.
You can substitute coconut oil for the avocado oil too – I happened to have avocado oil on hand, and although it adds a littel flavour, it is one that is complimented well with the dark chocolate.
Till the next recipe.