I used this dressing for a super simple mushroom and spinach salad, but you could use it for so many things…a riff off a BLT, on pizza, in pasta…..hmm, so many options – this dressing is the shit!
Seriously, I can’t believe I haven’t given this a try previously – what was I thinking?!? I will now have a jar of this in my fridge all the time.
YIELD – about 3/4 cup
- 6 pieces of bacon (and drippings)
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- salt to taste
- dice bacon and add to medium-sized sauce pan over medium heat, and cook until crisp. Turn heat off and remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside
- add garlic, maple syrup and Dijon mustard and pepper to bacon drippings and whisk to combine. Then add red wine vinegar and continue to stir until ingredients are well mixed
- let dressing cool then process with the bacon that is set aside in a food processor and add salt to taste
- store in airtight container for up to a week
Mustard may separate and break up a bit when added to pan if not whisked quickly right away. Don’t stress about it, when you blend it with the bacon – it will pull back together.
The dressing is best served warm, so pull it out 10 min before using and warm it up by adding setting container in a sink full of hot water.
Till the next recipe,