I L.O.V.E this salad.
It has been in my head for a few months, and I just never got around to making it until the other day, but it was totally worth making.
It is super basic – literally has 4 ingredients + the dressing, so you can pull it together in about 15-20 min.
YIELD – 4 side servings (*there is enough dressing to bump up the salad to have it as a main course or serve 6-8 people as a side).
- 1 bag of spinach (approx. 180g)
- 4-5 oz. sliced wild mushrooms (I used a combination of shitake and oyster)
- 3 large shallots, sliced (if you have small shallots, just slice a couple extra ones)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 60 g of crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 to a 1/2 cup of bacon vinaigrette (click link for recipe)
- salt and pepper to taste
- add olive oil to small sauce pan on medium heat. Slice shallots and add to pan, cook until lightly browned. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside
- add mushrooms to pan and cook until soft (approx. 4-5min.), remove from pan and add to shallots
- add spinach to large salad bowl and crumble goat cheese over top
- add shallots and mushrooms to salad and toss until ingredients together
- add warm bacon vinaigrette to salad, toss together and serve
I hope you enjoy this super simple salad. It is great as a starter or a side and works for a main course too. Plus if you want to get a little more creative, this is the perfect salad to do it with. If I was going to change it at all – I would add 1/4 cup of toasted almond slices to it.
Till the next recipe,