This has become one of my favourite pastas. It’s quick and easy – just a handful of ingredients and really only takes about 15 min. to prepare and cook. It’s a great meal for those busy week nights when you just don’t feel like cooking.
YIELD – 4 servings
- 2 zucchini
- 3-4 oz. torn kale (stems removed)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tbsp. of medium curry powder
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup of toasted cashews
- 3 minced cloves of fresh garlic
- 1/3 cup of vegetable broth (or heavy cream)
- 3/4 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms (optional)
- 1/4 cup of crumbled feta (optional)
- first thing you want to do is to make your zucchini noodles. I use the PC brand hand-held veggie spiralizer. Add to a medium pot of boiling water for no more than 1 minute. Then pour into strainer and rinse with cold water
- in a medium-sized heavy bottom pan, cook butter for 3 min.then add curry powder, sugar, salt and pepper
- add the sliced garlic and cashews to the pan and cook for another 3 min.
- if you are adding mushrooms (I love mushrooms, so my suggestion is do it!!!) add them now as well as the torn kale
- once the butter and garlic has browned a little, and mushrooms and kale are soft add in the vegetable broth or cream (whatever you choose). I like cream, as it adds a little depth to the dish – but vegetable stock works fine, in fact so does water. It’s really about what flavour profile you want. Let cook until it starts to bubble and turn heat down, stirring constantly
- add in zucchini noodles and let simmer for about 5 min.
- if you are adding feta crumble over top and serve
Hope you enjoy this recipe.
Till the next recipe,