So excited to post my next watermelon recipe, this one is a simple non-alcoholic lemonade. If you’re looking for something boozy – you can totally add vodka or rum, depending on your preference in flavour. And, I will also be posting a boozy watermelon cocktail next week.
But for now, just enjoy this sweet little treat.
YIELD – Approx. 6 cups
- 4 cups of cubed seedless watermelon
- 3 cups cold water (feel free to substitute soda water if you want something with a little sparkle)
- 1/3 fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- Ice, lemon slices and fresh mint sprigs for serving
- add the watermelon cubes to a blender (I used the blender attachment for my magic bullet) and pulse until fully pureed. Pour through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl. There should be approximately 2 cups when done.
- add the fresh squeezed lemon juice and the coconut sugar to the watermelon mixture and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- In a pitcher, add ice cubes, a few lemon slices and a mint sprig. Then pour the water and the watermelon mixture into the pitcher and stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Add ice, a sprig of mint and a slice of lemon to glasses and serve.
Hope you guys enjoy this little summer treat, perfect for a BBQ, brunch with the girls or a kid’s birthday party.
Till the next watermelon,