Have I mentioned I love summer; because I do, I love summer.
It’s warm, sunny, flowers are blooming, I can have a garden, get a tan and eat salads all day every day!
The salad I made yesterday was a little different for me, and it was kind of nice to step outside my normal style of recipe creations. I happen to have some cherries at home (oh my god, cherry season), so I decided to create a salad around the cherries – because why wouldn’t I?!?
This salad is light, refreshing, tangy and a little sweet and will become a summer favourite at our place for sure.
Here’s the recipe for salad you’ll be sure to love.
YIELD – 2-4 servings
- 5 oz. mixed greens
- 1 cup pitted and halved fresh cherries
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat’s feta
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fennel stalks
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- Handful of roughly chopped mint leaves
- 1 -2 tbsp. fennel fronds
- Sumac vinaigrette (click here for recipe)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lay mixed greens in salad bowl, pour dressing overtop and toss until coated.
- Spread the cherries, feta cheese and fennel stalks, then sprinkle the pistachios, mint and fennel fronds. Season with slat and pepper to taste and serve.
I really hope you guys enjoy this one – and let me know your thoughts. My goal is to give you guys simple recipes for good, affordable food.
Till the next recipe,