I’ve been wanting to make this cocktail for a long time. I have so much fresh sage in my garden and a bunch of dried lavender blossoms and the two just seem to go together so nice. I usually find sage can be overpowering, but next to the lavender its flavour and aromatics are much softer.
Choosing the gin was a no brainer for me – Eau Claire was the winner. It’s a local gin distilled in Turner Valley and it’s delicious. It’s got a few floral notes, some citrus and a little spice – it is fantastic in a cocktail (or on its own).
So without further adieu – here’s the recipe for this tasty drink!
YIELD – 4 cocktails
- 8 oz. gin (I used Eau Claire)
- 1 oz. honey, lavender & sage syrup (click for recipe)
- Juice of 2 limes – squeeze half a lime into each cocktail (minus 1 slices)
- 4-6 oz. soda (sparkling) water
- ice cubes
- 4 sage leaves
- 1 lime slice cut into quarters
- 1/2 tsp. lavender blossoms
- put ice cubes in cocktail glasses and build cocktail over ice.
- pour gin into glass first, followed by the simple syrup, and then the fresh squeezed lime juice.
- give the cocktail a good stir and add in lime slice and lavender blossoms
- top with soda and garnish with sage leaf
Invite some friends over and get your drink on!
Till the next recipe.