This beautiful cucumber salad was a staple in our family growing up, we ate it often and I always enjoyed it. There’s not much to it, just a few simple ingredients – I think that’s what I love about it. I’m a sucker for good food made with simple quality ingredients. In this case crisp cucumbers and fresh aromatic dill tossed in this creamy sour cream dressing.
Nowadays, I still make it almost as often as I had it as a kid. It’s the perfect addition to your brunch table and a great midday snack. It also goes lovely with grilled salmon, roasted chicken and more.
YIELD – approx. 4-6 servings (as a side)
- 2 english cucumbers
- 3 sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped dill
- 1/2 cup full fat sour cream*
- juice from 1/2 fresh lemon (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut cucumber into quarters lengthwise, then the quarters into slices and add to small serving dish.
- Add dill, green onions, and sour cream to the cucumbers and toss until well combined. Add lemon juice if desired and salt and pepper to taste.
- Dish up and enjoy!
SPECIAL NOTE: This salad has been made traditionally with sour cream in my family, however if you’d prefer you can use greek yogurt.
I hope you like this effortless salad recipe as much as I do. But, don’t be afraid to make it your own, experiment with other herbs or a splash of flavoured vinegar.
Till the next recipe.