Often when I’m thinking of dinner, I’ve got the main down pat – but the side dish is a little more challenging. I’m a bit of a perfectionist, so I want to make sure it goes perfectly in flavour, colour and texture with the main course.
So there’s nothing better than a side dish like this one. It is quick, easy and so tasty and it will go with a number of different main dishes.
YIELD – 4 servings
- 2 large bunches of swiss chard, hard stems removed
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. dried red chili
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Juice from one fresh lemon
- Salt to taste
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Then add the dried chilis and the garlic slices and sauté until garlic is soft but not brown.
- Next toss in the swiss chard and lemon juice and toss until the chard is wilted but still green.
- Add salt to taste and serve.
If you don’t happen to have swiss chard on hand, feel free to substitute kale, spinach or arugula.
Hope you enjoy, happy eating!
Till the next recipe.