It’s salsa time! I mean when is it not salsa time, am I right?
I love salsas because you can really have fun with the recipes and use them for so many different dishes. This salsa in particular is one I have been making for almost 10 years. I use it as a dip for taco chips (it’s especially good with homemade guacamole), as a topping for grilled halibut, or BBQ’d steak, or an addition to your salad or bowl. And my most favourite way to have it – a piece of crostini, some fresh soft cheese – like ricotta, mascarpone, or burrata and a big helping spoonful on top. No matter which way you choose to have it, I promise you will love it.
- 11/2 cups diced strawberries
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapeño
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves*
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- honey to sweeten* (optional)
- season with salt and pepper to taste
- Add the strawberries, pickled jalapeño, red onion and mint leaves to a bowl. Add in apple cider vinegar and toss until combined.
- Taste and if you find the strawberries aren’t sweet enough you can add a bit of honey (or other sweetener) to sweeten. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with chips or as a topping for your next dinner. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
cilantro or basil are both fantastic in this recipe as well; but basil definitely gives it a much more distinct flavour.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 portions Serving Size: 1 portion
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 52Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 102mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators and not from My Sweet Mess. Although we do attempt to provide as accurate nutritional information as possible, these figures are only estimates.
This salsa is the perfect appetizer or snack and a great dish to bring to any summer get together. Or if you’re like me, you can just grab a fork and go to town!
Till the next recipe,