I don’t know about you, but I have been loving simple baking recipes these days. And these mini muffins are exactly that. They come together in just a few minutes and are simple enough that the kids can do this one on their own if they want.
These muffins are a healthy snack for your whole family, jam packed with oats, hemp hearts, pure pumpkin puree and more you can feel good about having them as a snack anytime of the day!
If you want to make sure they are vegan: just make sure you are using vegan chocolate chips, as the recipe is otherwise vegan
If you want the recipe to be gluten-free: sub a good gluten free flour 1:1 and make sure the oats you are using are gluten-free too.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil*
- 1/2 brown sugar
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 cup pure pumpkin purée
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 11/2 cups flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 cup chocolate chips*
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line mini muffin trays with parchment cups or simply grease with coconut oil.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix coconut oil, brown sugar and molasses until smooth.
- Then add pumpkin puree and bananas and mix until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl mix together all dry ingredients except chocolate chips (cinnamon, baking soda, salt, flour, oats and hemp hearts). Then add dry ingredients to wet ingredients mixing a little at a time until fully combined. Then fold in chocolate chips with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Scoop into muffin trays and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Bake for 12-14 min.
* You can sub butter for the coconut oil.
* If you use vegan chocolate chips, the recipe is vegan.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 69mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators and not from My Sweet Mess. Although we do attempt to provide as accurate nutritional information as possible, these figures are only estimates.
If you love muffins here are a few of my favourite recipes:
And if you want more pumpkin recipes you can try these:
If you make this recipe, please comment here to let me know what you think s, or you can post a picture on Instagram and tag me @mysweetmess and hashtag #mysweetmess so I can see what you’re making. And please feel free to share with family and friends, I would appreciate it so much!
Till the next recipe,